- Remote configuration and monitoring of devices
- TR-069 is meant for managing networking devices.
- OMA-DM is meant for managing Mobile devices.
- Firmware upgrade.
- HTTP based access - OMA-DM support other transports too.
- SSL for security.
- Both use XML for exchanging messages.
- Both support configuration parameters in hierarchical fashion (Tree form).
- Both expect devices to make connection to the central configuration server.
- Both support mutual authentication.
- Both have mechanism for central configuration server to notify devices of different events.
- OMA-DM uses WAP-Push and SMS.
- TR-069 connects to device embedded HTTP Server.
I don't see many differences though. I will post new entry once I find more information.
Both of these standards have become very popular in their market segments and IMO both will be surviving for a long time.